Sunday, July 24, 2016

Beautiful Sunday

Dear Friends and Family,

Hope you all are having a blessed Sunday. I had expected to be on a flight to London right now, but since the processing of my visa was delayed a bit I am currently still in Bay Village. Hopefully the New York office will finish processing it and will send it out early this week. If you could say an extra prayer for that I'd be grateful!

This morning was beautiful. I woke up early and had time for the early parts of the Divine Office, the Holy Mass, some quiet prayer, and then a swim in Lake Erie while the beach was still quiet and empty. It's a wonderful place to swim laps in the morning. Here's what it looks like.

Sun rising on beach where I swam this morning.

The two piers I did laps between. The water was quite calm and it is still quiet shallow here so that you can stand in most places.
After breakfast I drove to St. Stephen's parish (http://www.ststephencleveland.org) a beautiful old Church where the Latin Mass is each Sunday morning at 9:30AM. Was nice to assist at the Mass and then meet a number of the young families. Always lots of little children at these Masses! Received a kind invitation to visit a young family on their farm. Hopefully I'll be off to London quickly, but if not I may take them up on their offer.

The afternoon was spent catching up with a dear old friend and her husband and children, and now in a little bit I'll be offering the Holy Mass for my parents and little sister who are driving back from Georgia. A good, full Sunday!

Beyond that most of this week was spent studying criminal law: currently murder cases as well as assisted suicide (which is still considered in the textbook to be a crime, though that is changing quickly....).

Will go now to finish preparing for Mass. Will pray for you again there--I am privileged to be able to pray for you all in two Masses on this Sunday!

In Cordibus Iesu et Mariae,
Fr. Anthony Pillari

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.