Dear Friends and Family,
On Wednesday Nov. 9th I woke up, expecting to face the heavy news of Clinton's election, and was amazed to see the results! I have been very thankful for those and can't help but wonder if there wasn't some divine intervention that brought this about. Not that Trump is going to save the world. He seems to have some huge flaws as a man, and has said and done things that I can only condemn. But the policies of Clinton would have been truly disastrous for Catholics and hence for the country in general. Whereas the Trump-Pence platform is surprisingly good in a number of respects. We'll see now if they fulfill their promises...
These articles pretty much reflect my thoughts on the matter:
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/cardinal-burke-trumps-victory-suggests-america-has-awoken-to-its-moral-cris
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/hillary-and-trump-have-made-shockingly-different-statements-on-abortion-and
On that morning, God provided this beautiful rainbow, the first one I have seen since arriving here, over the convent:
There were some beautiful graces this week, but unfortunately not ones I can write about in a blog because they were graces impacting very personal things in people's lives. But things that I am very grateful for.
This coming week will have a particular focus on studies. Because this Friday I will have the semester exams for 3 civil law courses (torts, criminal law, and contracts). Please pray for me! I studied a good bit last week but have a lot more to go and these are looking like perhaps the most challenging exams I have ever taken. We'll see. I don't regret the fact that I have often prioritized these past few months prayer and priestly ministry, which has meant cutting down on my time to study. But I think I'm still in a good place to do OK on the exams, but we'll find out.
Wishing you all a blessed and peaceful night.
In Cordibus Iesu et Mariae,
Fr. Tony Pillari




No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.