| Hiking to our fishing hole... |
| Each of us stood on the rocks like this to fish. |
| James casting... |
| The ocean. |
Fishing or Monopoly? This was the question to be decided the afternoon.... Given the hard work the young men have put into serving at the altar at Lanherne I wanted to join them for an afternoon game. They said their favorite game was Monopoly. However they also had a real love for fishing and wanted to take me fishing. So we decided... that it would depend on the weather. Though the day began raining, it cleared up enough for us to go fishing. I think it was the first time in 30 years that I had fished, and had only probably fished twice in my life before that.
Wesley was kind enough to show me how to put the rod together and cast. So I spent a while casting from the rocks into the ocean, and twice had pretty good bites on my line! The pole bent rather forcefully as I tried to reel the fish in... but then lost him. None the less it was quite nice to watch the guys fish (they did catch several), and to simply look at the ocean.
Earlier this week I headed to London for a bit more than 24 hours for a clergy conference. I had the blessing at staying at the Brompton Oratory, a small oasis in the midst of London. A quiet, beautiful, and peaceful place for prayer.
| Brompton Oratory at 6AM, when all is quiet and I was able to spend an hour in prayer. |
| Looking back from the altar. |
By now, many of you will probably have seen that I signed the correctio fialis. I think the document speaks for itself, and is very much in line with what St. Thomas indicates for such a situation, so I won't comment on it further here, other than to say I am very much at peace about signing.
This coming Wednesday I'll have the wonderful blessing of hearing the first Confessions of two children I have been preparing. If you have a chance, please say a prayer for Matthew and Trinity!
May Jesus and Mary watch over you.
In Cordibus Iesu et Mariae,
Fr. Pillari
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.