Saturday, November 18, 2017

More Texas Blessings

Processing in to begin the Holy Mass at St. Mary's Cathedral, Austin, TX.

Preaching at the same.

Speaking to families after Mass--lots of little kids! (many off-screen in this photo).

With a family after Mass.
Dear Friends and Family,

Thank you for so many wonderful blessings this past week in Texas. I miss you all already but you've also given me a heart full of joyful memories! It was a real joy to see so many of you in Austin. Father Tim Nolt, in case you read this, thank you for being such a gracious host--in the midst of all your many duties as rector of the Cathedral--and for taking time to visit with me personally. Thank you especially to all the children who served the Masses, sang, gave me pictures that you had colored, played games with me, or helped in so many other ways. May Jesus and Mary watch over you and guide you.

In case any of you felt it helpful to hear this again, or in case anyone out there has insomnia and needs something to help them fall asleep, or for those who were not able to come, I uploaded Saturday's sermon, which can be found here:  https://philomena.sermon.net/main/main/21052075

To all those in England, thank you for your patience in letting me make this trip, and for your prayers. I'll be back in England this Saturday so I look forward to seeing you soon!

These past few days have found me in Ottawa, once again hosted by the very kind priests of the FSSP here at St. Clement's, where they have invited me to chant the tomorrow's High Mass.

I had the opportunity to spend some time praying in Ottawa's Cathedral, dedicated to Our Lady, to ask for Her intercession and Motherly guidance for some decisions. It was a beautiful place to pray. And, to my surprise, the first class relics of St. Anthony of Padua were brought in for veneration this afternoon, so I was able to also ask St. Anthony's intercession. Here are a few photos of the Cathedral.

Side altar of the Sacred Heart.

Main Altar

Side balconies.

Stained Glass in Back.

Side Altar to Our Lady.

Each of you will be in my prayers at the altar tomorrow morning here at St. Clement's. Then I will travel home for a few days with my parents, siblings, nieces, and nephews, for the celebration of Thanksgiving.

May Jesus and Mary watch over you and guide you.

In Cordibus Iesu et Mariae,
Fr. Pillari






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.