| Lawn outside Lanherne |
| Grotto |
| Orchard |
| Lanherne Graveyard. |
Today my niece was born! Little Catherine Therese Whitmore showed face to the world a little after 4 AM and is doing well at a healthy 9 lbs +, as is my sister. Thank you to those of you who were praying.
I also had the joy of giving First Holy Communion to a little girl in Plymouth. The Mass was the external solemnity of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, a nice Mass for the occasion. The music was particularly beautiful. I then had the joy, during the reception at her family's home, of her wanting to show off various "tricks" on the trampoline, such as flips and various games with her friends. There is something rejuvenating about seeing young children laughing and having good, innocent fun.
This past weekend and Wednesday I gave a talk to young families on fostering a cheerful temper in the home--in imitation St. Philip Neri. St. Philip insisted much on a cheerful temper (contrasted with melancholy) as a key to growing in holiness. It was the introductory talk of a monthly series of talks entitled "Twelve Steps to Holiness and Salvation" that I will--God-willing--be giving starting in September, drawn especially from the teaching of St. Alphonsus Liguori. Hopefully, the families who heard this week's talks are now off to a good start to this month of working on fostering a cheerful temper in their homes!
I'm also in the midst of final exams and have gotten a bit less sleep than usual the past few nights so I am going to sign off now.
In Cordibus Iesu et Mariae,
Fr. Pillari
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.