Dear Friends and Family,
After a wonderful first week back, which included going through a two months' worth of emails, a backlog of correspondence (still not finished), phone calls, meeting with workers who are renovating the presbytery, setting up a new office and moving into new quarters, having an hour phone conversation in Latin to keep up the practice, as well as preaching in Latin to the sisters, and simply spending time with families I had not seen in a few months, I'm quite happy but a bit wiped out! As a result, this post might not be too long.
Today was a beautiful Sunday, with early morning quiet prayer by candle-light in the chapel of St. Thomas More, the joy of hearing Confessions and celebrating two Masses, preaching, talking with families, playing with children, and then... in the afternoon at Lanherne baptizing a beautiful baby girl. It is always such a joy to baptize a child. I especially like the moment just after the ceremony when I can take the child in my arms, kneel before Our Lady's statute, and consecrate the baby to Her. I then joined the family in celebrating the baptism and the father's (surprise) 30th birthday party. I was also able to meet some of their friends and invite some back to the Church. Please pray for them.
I just returned home from all of this now and am rather wiped out, so I will sign off shortly. But it was a wonderful, beautiful day and week. I am very blessed to live in such a prayerful place and to be able to work with some young families. May God be praised.
For those of you across the Atlantic, you are in my thoughts, prayers, and heart. I am especially thinking of you all as you begin the coming school year with your children. May Jesus and Mary guide you and bless you.
In Cordibus Iesu et Mariae,
Fr. Pillari
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.