Sunday, January 20, 2019

My Uncle Ned

My Uncle Ned, who left this earth seven years ago.
Dear Friends and Family,

Tonight, I want to share with you a part of my life that has a reminder always sitting on a shelf nearby: my Uncle Ned. Born with cerebral palsy, Uncle Ned was also born with a special child-like heart and was a wonderful gift to us for many years. I would see him when he came to visit or on some family trips. The photo album that sits in my room is a reminder of the blessings of his life and of how precious every moment on this earth is--of how I should take nothing for granted, of how whatever problems I may be facing are nothing. I've sometimes asked, "Would Uncle Ned be worried about this?" or "Do my little difficulties measure up to what he had to face every day?" Such thoughts normally quickly help put me in my proper place, and turn back to the Lord with a joyful and grateful heart.

I thought the best way to share about him with you would be to share some photos. These are photos in a book put together by my mom, taken here with my phone and uploaded to the blog. I apologize if some are not oriented correctly. Couldn't figure out how to fix that... but then I thought, would Uncle Ned be bothered by it? :)

Uncle Ned "jogging" with my grandad.

Uncle Ned and Grandad.

"Going for a drive."

Helping stack the logs

Moving a big branch at the cottage.

At the special olympics.

Bowling.

With my mom at the special olympics.
May Jesus and Mary watch over you.

In Cordibus Iesu et Mariae,
Fr. Pillari

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.