| Upper St. Mawgan with sheep and newborn lambs (hardly visible) in the field. |
Dear Friends and Family,
I just came in the door. It was a very full, and blessed Sunday, finishing with dinner with my neighboring pastor. But I have to finish this quickly because I also need to pray compline before the clock strikes midnight!
It is a beautiful time of spring when the sun has been shining and newborn lambs have appeared in the fields. The above photo does not show much but as I've been out for runs I have seen newborn lambs bleating and running to and fro. A beautiful sight that is very evangelical.
I think I neglected to mention that two weeks ago I teamed up with my neighbor, Fr. Anthony O'Gorman of Holy Trinity Parish to offer 40 hours of adoration the first week of Lent between his parish and Lanherne. At Lanherne we had 24 hours of adoration from Friday AM to Saturday morning, with the men taking the all-night shift. It was a wonderful way to begin Lent. I had the blessing of participating in a little of the nocturnal adoration and there is something particularly helpful about adoring the Lord in the middle of the night, by candlelight.
Lastly, I began today practicing the Exultet and some of the other chants for Holy Week which will be here before we know it. It is such a blessed time. I hope to have all my chants learned before Palm Sunday, so that I can rest my voice the first part of Holy Week and sing strongly during the Triduum. May Jesus grant us to follow Him closely those days!
I'd better go now to pray Compline...
In Cordibus Iesu et Mariae,
Fr. Pillari
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.