Sunday, October 13, 2019

Soon-to-be Catholics

A Square in downtown Toulouse, France.

Dear Family and Friends,

I just returned from a week of studies in France. It is truly wonderful to be back here in the peace of the countryside of Cornwall.

This past week focussed on the "Divine Economy"--i.e. how God has acted in history to bring about redemption, and on metaphysics. We have about 15 new students to bring our total number to around 25. Here are photos of some of the class taken as we were opening a class with prayer.



It is an excellent group of priests to be around. I also had the blessing of spending a few hours in the center of Toulouse at the Couvent des Jacobins, where St. Thomas Aquinas is buried. I asked him to intercede so that my poor mind might grow in wisdom.

But I wanted to especially share with you a great joy I had today. After Mass in Plymouth this afternoon I spent two hours interviewing each of four candidates for Confirmation: three of whom had requested to enter the Catholic Church and one of whom is a cradle Catholic who never received Confirmation. I am pleased to say that all 4 passed the examination. I will thus have the joy next Sunday of receiving the profession of faith from three of them, as well as giving them absolution for the first time in the Sacrament of Confession. Then, on the Feast of All Saints, they will receive Confirmation and First Holy Communion.

Having followed them for some months or years it was a real joy to see them reach this step. Beyond the fact that their knowledge was sufficient to receive the sacraments, I was very pleased to see the depth of their intentions and desire to be Catholics. May God grant them the grace to persevere and to grow in holiness. I would invite you to join me in praying for them these next 20 days as they prepare for and receive these sacraments.

Lastly, if interested, you should see a brief interview I gave in Rome appear on the web by Wednesday.

May Jesus and Mary watch over each of you and guide you.

In Cordibus Iesu et Mariae,
Fr. Pillari


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.