| Photo of the three children I helped prepare for Confirmation, just after they were confirmed by Bishop Athanasius Schneider. |
The "head bands" are a family tradition to cover the part of the forehead anointed with sacred chrism, as a sign of the holiness of the oil and of the Sacrament received. |
| With their sponsors. |
Dear Friends and Family,
Though it is now midnight on Sunday, I wanted to show you these few pictures and write a few words about this blessed Sunday. I will try to continue with at least a few blog posts once I arrive in Rome.
Last Sunday Bishop Athanasius Schneider confirmed three children I helped prepare for the Sacrament. It was a real joy to see them receive the fullness of the Holy Ghost and His gifts. It was also a joy to assist at Bishop Schneider's Mass, and to see his prayerful, fatherly attention to the children and to others in the celebration that followed. In fact, the schedule worked out such that he had a good 20 minutes to interview the children before the ceremony began. It brought a real smile to my face to see them answering the good Bishop's questions and interacting with him.
Then today, I had the joy of a skype call with a former parishioner from Plymouth who became a postulant 6 months ago and today was invested in the full religious habit. She seemed very happy and it was a joy to speak to her about prayer, about religious life, and to hear about her experiences so far.
Tomorrow, I will take the train to Rome and begin my time of studies there. God-willing I will have some photos to share with you next Sunday. At the moment, I'm sitting in the middle of boxes of books and preparing to finish one last task, which I should do now...
Will pray for all of you at the tombs of the saints and martyrs in Rome!
In Cordibus Iesu et Mariae,
Fr. Pillari
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.