Sunday, April 25, 2021

Oregon with Cardinal Burke

 


Dear Friends and Family,

Happy Easter! My apologies that I am only now posting after several weeks. It has been a very full, and blessed, past few weeks.

This past week was spent with Cardinal Burke in Oregon where he gave a series of conferences on the new code of penal law, due to soon be promulgated by the Vatican. Outside of the official program, there were also ample opportunities to ask him, and the other canonists present, questions. Wednesday evening Fr. John Boyle, pictured above right, from the Diocese of Portland, and I had the blessing of taking His Eminence and Bishop Carey, the Bishop of Baker, OR to a Mexican restaurant for dinner.

While we were taking this photo a few locals thought it would make for a great photo op to have their picture taken with us, as you see below:


We used the opportunity to try to bring them back to the Faith. As Cardinal Burke said, "God sent me here to tell you to come back to church." 

Here are some photos taken from the retreat center near Redmond where the conference was held:




Holy Week was also very blessed. In addition to being a grace-filled retreat, I was able to get to know the Benedictines of Mary, who are a wonderful group. If you know a young lady looking into the Benedictine life I could recommend them.

The Priests' guest house, just down the hill from the monastery. Along with three other priests, I made my Holy Week retreat there.

The Nuns' monastery. In their liturgies, they sound just like they do on their CD's!

My health is also processing well, but I will wait to give you an update on that next week!

In the meantime, may Our Lady be your guide, and may Our Lord watch over you and protect you.

In Cordibus Iesu et Mariae,

Fr. Pillari

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.