Sunday, August 22, 2021

Roma Aeterna

 




Dear Friends and Family,

Thank you for your prayers for safe travels. I arrived safe and sound in Rome a week ago today! It was a joy to be able to pray at the tombs of the saints. I spent one afternoon in St. Peter's Basilica, and took time especially to pray at the tombs of St. Peter, Pope St. Innocent, and Pope St. Pius X, confiding this time in Rome to their intercession. 


I was also able to visit the room where St. Brigid of Sweden lived for 19 years. Below are two pictures of her relics and an inscription:



In the bottom photo you can see some of her relics on the ledge, with an inscription below, and then, encased in glass at the bottom of the photo, a wooden table. The inscription, with the close up of it in the first photo, explains the table relic. It says:

"On this table [St. Brigid] wrote the book of her revelations, ate food with her sisters, and gave up her spirit to God." Indeed, after living 19 years in that little room, while playing a key role in the events of Rome, and writing there the book of visions given by God, she died lying on that wooden table. The Nuns indicated that I might be able to offer a private Mass in St. Brigid's room, which is now a small chapel. If I am able to, I will pray for you all there.

This weekend I arrived for a visit with the host family that welcomed me last year, just outside of Florence. It is a blessing to be back in the beautiful surroundings here:


God-willing, I will make a pilgrimage to Loreto this week before returning to Rome. You all are in my daily prayers.

May Our Lady guide you and may the Lord bless you and your families.

In Cordibus Iesu et Mariae,

Fr. Pillari


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.