Above you see the main altar of Santissima Trinita dei Pelligrini parish in the heart of Rome. Each morning I leave the parish where I am staying and walk 10 minutes to Santissima Trinita to offer the Holy Mass. It is a nice walk to begin the day and especially it is worth it because the side altars and the way the sacristy is done make it a very prayerful place to offer daily Mass. Though you cannot see it in the photos, there are 8 side altars, almost all of which are full each morning for the Holy Mass. There is something beautiful about arriving there are 6:30 AM, quietly vesting along with other priests, and then processing out and celebrating quiet Masses simultaneously on the side altars, each of us trying to adore the Lord well and offering the Holy Sacrifice on behalf of all those souls in need. Then, we return to the sacristy (at slightly different times of course), unvest and then take time to pray in thanksgiving. For my part, I like to return to the side altar where I celebrated Mass and make my thanksgiving there.
I then begin the walk back to my room to begin the day's studies, along streets such as this:
Though first, I stop for a cappuccino and a "brioche simple"--which is a sort of breakfast roll. It's a wonderful way to begin the day!
In this month of the Holy Rosary, please be assured of my continued prayers for each one of your families.
In Cordibus Iesu et Mariae,
Fr. Pillari


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.