| Little Chapel where I am again saying Mass for these days in Rome. |
Am writing you this Sunday evening from Rome, having just spent several very intense days studying and discussing with some great minds from around the world. I had best keep this post brief because I am operating on very little sleep. Yet I wanted to write you all at least briefly before turning in for the night and trying to catch up on sleep.
As I prayed and thought about what to write to write you this week I felt I should simply call your attention to an important document that was just made public and that has been signed by several cardinals and many many other people. It can be found here: http://www.filialappeal.org .
For those of you with some time and a willingness to dig into some theology I would highly recommend the full document. It is an excellent summary of some key theological points. For those who don't have much time you could always simply read the key paragraphs of each section, skipping over the references to official Church documents. That would allow you to receive the main point.
I felt I should call your attention to this document because of how under attack marriage is in the world today, especially in our western societies. Because of that there is a particular need to give people the great treasure of the teachings that Jesus Himself gave to the world in this regard, and which He guided the Church in fleshing out over the centuries. Sadly there is currently confusion about marriage not only in the world but even in the Church. Hence the document I am linking here was carefully drafted to try to make clear and defend some points where the confusion or attacks are particularly strong.
Having said that I had best turn in for the night or I may fall asleep at the computer. Thankfully I should be able to get a long night's rest tonight.
May God bless you all and your families,
Fr. Tony Pillari
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.