Sunday, December 25, 2016

Puer Natus est Nobis!

Dear Friends and Family,

Merry Christmas! You all were very much in my heart in each of the three Masses I offered last night and this morning. I don't think any words could do justice to the wonderful mystery of this day, or to the special place you all hold in my heart. So rather than words, I will try to send your way graces and prayers through the hands of Our Lady.

Though tired now--I had meant to write you earlier in the afternoon but put my head on the pillow for my siesta and when I awoke... discovered it was rather dark outside!--but so very happy. What an amazing, amazing gift to have the Baby Jesus come to us. And what a wonderful blessing to offer the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass three times on this day--something I could never thank God enough for.

Last night after the Midnight Mass and then some celebration with chocolate and other treats with our  little congregation, I returned to the Church  around 3AM for a few moments to just sit there and hold the statute of the child Jesus, sitting before the tabernacle, giving thanks for the amazing gift I have been given as a priest and that all of us have been given as Catholics.

And then when I returned to my room a surprise awaited me: one of the families had snuck in and fixed up the creche seen (which was a gift o theirs to begin with), with a beautiful log, some electric candles and some Christmas lights around the window. You'll see my attempt at a photo below though it doesn't do it much justice (and the child Jesus was placed in the crib just after I took the photo).

As I said words don't seem adequate for all I'd like to say to you all so I'll turn instead to prayer.

With much love and prayers from England,

In Cordibus Iesu et Mariae,

Fr. Tony Pillari
Creche scene I discovered in my room at 3:30AM.


Creche using the flash.


Lights around the window, with some gifts to open.

Creche in the back of Church.

Same Creche.

Child Jesus on Gospel side of altar, used for veneration at altar rail.

Side Altar for low Mass (2nd Mass of day).



Main altar prepared for 3rd Mass (Midnight Mass was candle-lit but I didn't take any photos).



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.