A blessed Feast of St. Joseph! There are so many, many graces available on his feast day. He is a powerful intercessor for husbands, fathers, priests, workers, for administrative/financial challenges, for purity, for the contemplative life, for the Universal Church. So take advantage of the graces of this day by confiding your needs to St. Joseph and asking him to obtain the necessary graces, and to guide you according to God's will.
I just arrived back in Canada for an intense 9 weeks of studies and exams this side of the Atlantic. I'm staying at St. Clement's once again, the FSSP parish here in Ottawa:
| High Altar at St. Clement's. I offered a quiet Mass this morning on St. Joseph's altar (not pictured--off to the left of photo). |
The flight across the Atlantic was interesting--always interesting, when traveling in a cassock, to see what conversations will develop. A medical doctor who teaches at Stanford sat next to me and was eager to talk. After a while he began asking questions about my studies, faith, etc. He himself seemed an agnostic. So I told him about the great miracles of Fatima, and about one of the miracles of Padre Pio, asserting that it was more reasonable to believe in Divine Intervention and in God Himself, when confronted with such events, than to not believe. He wasn't yet convinced and as we continued talking he brought up the "claim" that Jesus was Divine, comparing it to the tradition in Japan of considering each emperor to be in some sense "divine." I pointed out the difference between the two assertions and uniqueness of the Christian faith but he was not yet convinced. He gave me his email address though and invited me to visit him at Stanford one day.
He was very kind, but sadly kindness is not enough to make it to Heaven. Something more is needed: the humility and courage to go through a true conversion--to accept to change your way of living and to accept to live as a servant of Jesus Christ. Not easy for someone who is used to being in control. Reasons for belief are helpful, but ultimately the real struggle is between grace and sin, humility and pride. I pray that one day he'll find the Truth and accept to follow Him fully. Please say a prayer for him, and for all those who are in need of conversion.
Before heading to Canada I had a wonderful 48 hours at home with my parents. It was wonderful to see them and some of the rest of my family. Here is a photo from Saturday night:
| a |
| A crucial moment... |
| ...at the beginning of the game of Clue. |
At the moment I need to work with a computer technician to try to get my computer functional before heading to the university this morning, so I'd best sign-off.
As we begin this month of May, may Our Lady guide each one of you and watch over you.
In Cordibus Iesu et Mariae,
Fr. Tony Pillari
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.