Monday, May 7, 2018

Our Lady's Month

The Grotto at the University of Notre Dame
Dear Friends and Family,

I am heading out the door in a few minutes for an appointment for my visa, so this post will need to be brief. My apologies for not writing yesterday. I had a wonderful weekend with my family in South Bend Indiana, which included my nephew Leo's First Holy Communion--please say a prayer that he becomes another St. Leo! It was wonderful to see his love for Jesus and childlike simplicity.

The weekend also included a visit to the University of Notre Dame, my alma mater, part of which is pictured above. It was a joy to revisit the places where I discovered my vocation. I even ran into a member of the Children of Mary, my old prayer group. A few images of the weekend:

The Golden Dome at the center of the University: with Our Lady crowning the top.

A portion of the campus.
My mom standing by one of the lakes on campus.
St. Stanislaus Parish, where Msgr. Fritz kindly welcomed me to stay, and I was able to have quiet holy hours here in this church.
Above all, I have been thinking about how blessed the Month of May is. Our Lady gives so many graces. We really cannot turn to her too much during this time. May She draw us ever closer to her motherly Immaculate Heart, and thus ever closer to Her Son!

I'm praying for you all.

I'd best go now for my appointment for the visa.

In Cordibus Iesu et Mariae,
Fr. Pillari

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.