Saturday, May 12, 2018

Washington D.C

Photo taken after my meeting with Trump.
Dear Friends and Family,

I spent the past few days in Washington D.C. and am happy to say that, thanks to President Trump's willingness to meet with me and move my case along, I was successfully granted a 3-year visa for the U.K.!

Well, I didn't actually meet with President Trump.... but I did get my photo taken outside the White House, and the British government did decide to grant my visa. I do not have it yet, but the decision was made, so I will be able to return to Lanherne as planned later this month.

I was able to travel to D.C. with my mother, a rare opportunity to have a few days just with her, before Mother's Day tomorrow. We also visited some of the Smithsonian Museums, including the National Archives, where we saw the original Declaration of Independence, Bill of Rights, and Constitution. Rather impressive. It was even more impressive to see significant demonstrations in favor of unborn babies. When we got on the metro on the outskirts of the city, to head to downtown, there were around 10 people peacefully holding large images of aborted babies and signs inviting others to choose life. Then, in front of the national African American History Museum, there were several ladies holding a very large image of an aborted baby, as well as a sign talking about how many black children are killed by abortion. It was beautiful to see their witness.

In the Museum of Natural History, I was able to enter the butterfly room and see exquisite butterflies up close. One even landed on my head.



I have to go now for dinner with my parents... so I'll simply add that the D.C. visit included an evening visit with my cousin Chris, whom it was wonderful to see again, some prayer at the National Basilica of the Immaculate Conception, a visit to the Air and Space Museum, which was quite interesting, and time with an old friend: Fr. Thomas-Joseph White O.P.

May Jesus and Mary grant you a blessed Second Sunday of May.

In Cordibus Iesu et Mariae,
Fr. Pillari

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.