Saturday, September 15, 2018

Kolbe Center and.... a Trip with my Dad

Dear Friends and Family,

The past two days were spent in a fascinating exploration of the Church's teaching on Creation--from the point of view of theology as well as science. Mr. Hugh Owen, Director of the Kolbe Center for  the Study of Creation, and Mr. Greg Clovis, Director of Human Life International for England, graciously made the journey to our tiny corner of Cornwall in order to introduce us to the Church's teaching, as well as some of the latest discoveries in science--which was fascinating. The only one who could possibly have created man in all of his intricacies is God! And it was very interesting to discover more fully the implausibility of evolution, even from a scientific point of view.

I'd encourage anyone interested to check out some of the materials available on their website: http://kolbecenter.org . They should, in the next few months, be completing a 13-part DVD series that will present the whole topic. For anyone involved with children and education it is well worth a look.

I'm typing this at 10:30 PM on Saturday, in the midst of packing, because tomorrow afternoon I will fly to the U.S. to spend a week hiking with my Dad. Last year, for his 70th birthday, I gave him the gift of a week where the two of us could travel together, and he could pick the place. He chose the national parks out West: Grand Canyon, Bryce, and Zion, which should be really beautiful. I'm very blessed to have this week hiking with my Dad. Below is a postcard he sent me of one of the parks. I will look forward to telling you all about it after the trip!

May Jesus and Mary watch over you and guide you.

In Cordibus Iesu et Mariae,
Fr. Pillari




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.