Sunday, December 15, 2019

Baptism, Confirmation, and First Holy Communion



Dear Friends and Family,

The past two days were full of blessings. Today was so full that it began at 4:45 and I only returned from Plymouth to Lanherene about 30 minutes ago (9:30PM), so I will need to be brief. But they were a wonderful two days!

Hopefully, I will receive some photos tomorrow that I can add to this post...

Saturday afternoon I had the great joy of baptising and confirming a young mother, and then of giving her First Holy Communion this morning. It was a tremendous joy to see her join her husband as a Catholic, and the to distribute Holy Communion this morning not only to her but also to her two oldest children.

And the First Holy Communion was such a joy! Four little children kneeling on custom-made small kneelers in the sanctuary--custom-made by the Nuns and decorated by them with flowers--following attentively the Holy Mass, receiving devoutly Jesus Christ for the very first time in Holy Communion. Then, after Mass, kneeling with them in quiet thanksgiving. Then, after photos, seeing them laugh and celebrate during a very joyous Gaudete Sunday breakfast put on by the congregation. Hopefully, I will have tomorrow some photos to share. But for the moment, I had best pray compline and get some sleep.

May Jesus and Mary watch over you and guide you in this last full week of Advent.

In Cordibus Iesu et Mariae,
Fr. Pillari

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.