Sunday, September 19, 2021

Pilgrimage to Padua and to St. Mark's Tomb in Venice

 


Dear Friends and Family,

This week I was able to make a pilgrimage to St. Mark's tomb in Venice (Venice pictured above at night), to pray at St. Anthony's tomb in Padua, and also to see my parents as they prepared to embark on hiking the Camino di Santiago in Spain. Here is a photo of my mom:


Saint Mark's Basilica in Venice, where St. Mark is buried, was truly striking. Above all, it was a great grace to be able to pray at his tomb. In addition, it was special to look at the 1,000 year-old church and picture it and what it must have been like for so many generations of Catholics to worship there.

Padua was particularly special because of the opportunity to pray at St. Anthony's tomb and because of the famous chapel where Giotto painted the life of Christ. I don't think I can do justice to describing it in words but if you go here you can catch a glimpse of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47QgqdeSi0U   .

Here in Rome it is good to dive back into studies and to continue praying at the tombs of the saints. Today, I prayed for you at St. Peter's tomb!

In Cordibus Iesu et Mariae,

Fr. Pillari


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.