Sunday, December 20, 2020

Almost Christmas...

 



Snowy Bird-Feeder outside the back window

Dear Friends and Family,

Christmas is almost here! We had a beautiful snowfall the other day which, as you can see, coated all the tree branches in white. Really beautiful. Birds continue to come to the bird feeder, including some cardinals. It is fun to watch them at work. Squirrels are also quite creative in trying to get the bird seed but, as far as I can tell, have been largely unsuccessful. 

This past week involved a trip to see one of my brothers and his family. Since they are living in South Bend Indiana, almost next to the University of Notre Dame, I was able to make a Holy Hour at my alma mater, including dome time spent praying in this side chapel of the Basilica.


The photo is not very good, but there are a great many relics. It is a side chapel with particular memories for me of the times I prayed there as an undergraduate, trying to discern God's will for my life.

The Basilica has beautiful artwork. Here is a glimpse of one part of the ceiling:


It brought back many good memories to pray there and at the Grotto. Hopefully, I will have the occasion to return there on this trip and to pray the rosary at the Grotto.

But the highlight of the trip was the opportunity to visit with my brother and sister-in-law and their children and to bless their home. And then this evening I was able to visit with two other nephews and a niece. And now.... Christmas is just a few days away!

You all will be in my prayers this week and throughout the Christmas Octave, when I will be leading the daily online rosary before the exposed Blessed Sacrament. 

May Our Lady prepare your hearts to greet the newborn King.

In Cordibus Iesu et Mariae,

Fr. Pillari

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.