Sunday, December 6, 2020

In Cleveland Ohio with my Family


Dear Friends and Family,

God blessed my travels across the ocean, and even gave an abundant snowfall, to my great delight, upon my arrival! Above is the view from the back porch of my parents' home. A really beautiful view that I have been taking advantage of while praying some parts of the Divine Office.

The journey from Rome to Cleveland was the most stress-free international travel I have ever made. At the airports, there were very few people, such that you walked right up to the security desk with no wait, had plenty of quiet and personal space in the airports, etc. As for the international flight from Rome to New York, take a look at my section of the plane here below:




It was almost like having a private flight! I must say that I think Delta is correct when they assert that flying with them right now is about as dangerous as going to the grocery store. Though in fact going to the grocery store might be more dangerous...

It is a real blessing and joy to have some weeks at home, and to know that I will be home for Christmas for the first time in 24 years. We have created a small chapel in a room in the house, where I offer the Holy Sacrifice each day and where we have begun to have Eucharistic Adoration. I am most grateful for the opportunity to be with my parents in these difficult times when parents are often separated from children and family members. And as a bonus... I should have the blessing of baptizing a new nephew!

You all are in my daily prayers here, especially in the rosary and in the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass. May God grant you a blessed Second Sunday of Advent.

In Cordibus Iesu et Mariae,

Fr. Pillari

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.