Friday, December 25, 2020

Merry Christmas!

 


Dear Family and Friends,

Merry Christmas! What a wonderful, joyful day when we celebrate the birth of Our Savior! King of Kings! Prince of Peace! Truly Emmanuel, "God with us!"

You all were in my prayers in the midnight Mass and the two Masses this morning. Truly it is a blessed night! I had the joy of a beautiful Christmas Eve dinner with my parents, my sister and brother-in-law and their children, and my aunt and uncle and niece. Then, after Compline and a nap, I headed to our chapel to pray the office of Matins for Christmas--a beautiful office with nine readings. Then followed a candle-lit Holy Hour waiting for midnight, and then a candle-lit Midnight Mass. We moved the creche to the chapel for the occasion, and I processed in with the Child Jesus as we sang O Come All Ye Faithful, and then continued on from there...

Among many Christmas blessings, God gave me a white Christmas! Yesterday afternoon it began to snow as you can see here:


During the night, over a foot of snow fell, such that I awoke to see everything blanketed in white, and the snow continues to fall now. So I will leave you with some pictures below of the snowfall and of the living room.

Merry Christmas! You all will be in my prayers during my Christmas novena of Masses.

In Cordibus Iesu et Mariae,

Fr. Pillari










No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.